I know what you’re thinking, “it’s not nine more days till Christmas!” Yea but it looks like many people are worried they aren’t going to make it to Christmas because the end of the world is on December 21,2012.
Well no. According to NASA, Dec. 21, 2012, won’t be the end of the world as we know, however, it will be another winter solstice. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012 and linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 — hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.
So that is it folks. Don’t get over stress this seasons. You already have a lot to deal with. Of course, the world will end someday but I don’t think anyone will be able to predict when.So enjoy the company of your family and friends and take nothing for granted. Be grateful for what you have!!
I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. In the light of Black friday I wanted to post this video because I know at this time of the year many people just focus on the material things they can buy or get. Hopefully, after watching this video, you’ll appreciate the people and the things in your life more.
So we all know that the our economy hasn’t been the best lately. And for the average college student its twice as hard. Many people are looking for ways to save money. As for me, I have found an easy way to save money on somethings that I usually spend unnecessary amount of money on. This magical way is called D.I.Y. Yes folks, it is the old fashion (Do it Yourself!).
There are so many blogs and websites that are dedicated to helping people make things by themselves rather than buying them. I love DIYs because it turns on my creative side, allows me to put a personal touch on my style and of course SAVE me money! I have listed some DIY websites that I’ve found helpful and think is worth checking out. Most of them are fashion/girl oriented (Sorry guys!). However, if you have a daughter, wife, mother or sister you could share this with them:)
- The first DIY website that I adore is: www.birt.co- Started by Brit Morin, Brit + Co. is a lifestyle brand that provides the digital generation with savvy shortcuts for their online and offline lives. Unlike other DIY sites, this website has materials and innovative ideas for both genders. The best part is they have a free app you can download that contains the same contents as the website.
- http://www.runwaydiy.com- Runway DIY takes fashion and style trends from the runways and the pages of magazines and makes them accesible to everyone through step-by-step do it yourself projects.
- http://www.psimadethis.com- This website and brand is founded by Erica Domesek. Her motto is “I see it. I like it. I make it.” she gives detailed tutorials on how to make simple fashion and lifestyle accessories.
- http://www.dismountcreative.com- Dismount Creative blog was created by Alicia DiRago.This amazing blog is updated twice a day with everything that inspires Alicia in fashion, craft, design, decor and lifestyle.
- www. ispydiy.com- This is a place for spotting style you love and doing-it-yourself! The creator Jamie Beck gives easy instructions on how to make simple but chic jewelries, accessories and household decorations.
Now, I know some of you are like “I am not really creative” or “I don’t have time or the patience to make things myself.” but I urge you to give a try before dismissing this idea. If you feel DIYs isn’t your craft then you can continue using coupons or other things that works best for you. I hope you guys take a minute or two to check out those lovely websites.
So I am pretty disappointed in myself for not keeping up with my blog daily. I thought when I got a blog, I would be blogging all day everyday! But then reality hit me more like slap me across the face. So I decided in the month of October I’m going to step-up my game. Here are a few tips for anyone who going through the same struggles as me:
- Set a goal for how many times you want to post on your blog weekly.
- Try to figure out your hot spot of the day. if you are a morning person try updating your blog while drinking your morning coffee. However, if you are a night owl you may try updating your blog while you catch up on your Facebook or other social networking sites.
- Go Mobile!! If you have a busy schedule like us college students, you don’t have a lot time on your hands.
- Ignore these tips and do whatever floats your boat:)
I hope these tips were able to help someone. If you have other helpful tips please comment below.
I hope you guys are having a great week so far. Stay strong its almost FRIDAY!! So like most people in America I have a smart phone and I do almost everything on it. But what I do most is edit!edit! edit! So if you’re into photography or iphoneography like me you will love this app.
The cool application I discovered this week is “Touch Retouch.” For those of you who are like “this isn’t new” or “I already have this app,” please just bare with me. This app has a unique feature that I love but most apps don’t have. With “Touch retouch” you can remove unwanted blemish or objects from your photography. No photoshop needed for us beginners. Yayy!! It’s awesome for erasing that pimple that just appeared out of nowhere or removing people from your random family portrait. Its a bit tricky to use at first but with a bit of practice and the use of the tutorials it offers, you will fall in love with this app. you can either buy this app from the app store for $0.99 or use the free one.
So if you already have this app congrats to you. Follow my blog for more app reviews to come. I will be featuring fashion, health, photography,sports and more apps in the future. So if photography is not your thing, maybe next week I’ll feature a travel app that may be just right for you. So stay Tuned!!
Hey guys! So I have always wanted to have my own personal blog but i didn’t know how to start one or find a good name for it. But after much research and sleepless nights, I told myself what the hey! go with the flow and stop over thinking things. so here I am writing my first post.
Here are two things to keep in mind before starting your own blog: 1)Ask yourself “why do I want a blog” and “what will readers benefit form my blog.” Answer yourself honestly. 2) come up with a unique but simple domina name. Don’t assume that an idea will just come to you once you get on the internet. even if it does, chances are it may be taken already. Check out the link below for more tips on blogging!