So we all know that the our economy hasn’t been the best lately. And for the average college student its twice as hard. Many people are looking for ways to save money. As for me, I have found an easy way to save money on somethings that I usually spend unnecessary amount of money on. This magical way is called D.I.Y. Yes folks, it is the old fashion (Do it Yourself!).
There are so many blogs and websites that are dedicated to helping people make things by themselves rather than buying them. I love DIYs because it turns on my creative side, allows me to put a personal touch on my style and of course SAVE me money! I have listed some DIY websites that I’ve found helpful and think is worth checking out. Most of them are fashion/girl oriented (Sorry guys!). However, if you have a daughter, wife, mother or sister you could share this with them:)
- The first DIY website that I adore is: www.birt.co- Started by Brit Morin, Brit + Co. is a lifestyle brand that provides the digital generation with savvy shortcuts for their online and offline lives. Unlike other DIY sites, this website has materials and innovative ideas for both genders. The best part is they have a free app you can download that contains the same contents as the website.
- http://www.runwaydiy.com- Runway DIY takes fashion and style trends from the runways and the pages of magazines and makes them accesible to everyone through step-by-step do it yourself projects.
- http://www.psimadethis.com- This website and brand is founded by Erica Domesek. Her motto is “I see it. I like it. I make it.” she gives detailed tutorials on how to make simple fashion and lifestyle accessories.
- http://www.dismountcreative.com- Dismount Creative blog was created by Alicia DiRago.This amazing blog is updated twice a day with everything that inspires Alicia in fashion, craft, design, decor and lifestyle.
- www. ispydiy.com- This is a place for spotting style you love and doing-it-yourself! The creator Jamie Beck gives easy instructions on how to make simple but chic jewelries, accessories and household decorations.
Now, I know some of you are like “I am not really creative” or “I don’t have time or the patience to make things myself.” but I urge you to give a try before dismissing this idea. If you feel DIYs isn’t your craft then you can continue using coupons or other things that works best for you. I hope you guys take a minute or two to check out those lovely websites.