So we all know that the our economy hasn’t been the best lately. And for the average college student its twice as hard. Many people are looking for ways to save money. As for me, I have found an easy way to save money on somethings that I usually spend unnecessary amount of money on. This magical way is called D.I.Y. Yes folks, it is the old fashion (Do it Yourself!).
There are so many blogs and websites that are dedicated to helping people make things by themselves rather than buying them. I love DIYs because it turns on my creative side, allows me to put a personal touch on my style and of course SAVE me money! I have listed some DIY websites that I’ve found helpful and think is worth checking out. Most of them are fashion/girl oriented (Sorry guys!). However, if you have a daughter, wife, mother or sister you could share this with them:)
- The first DIY website that I adore is: www.birt.co- Started by Brit Morin, Brit + Co. is a lifestyle brand that provides the digital generation with savvy shortcuts for their online and offline lives. Unlike other DIY sites, this website has materials and innovative ideas for both genders. The best part is they have a free app you can download that contains the same contents as the website.
- http://www.runwaydiy.com- Runway DIY takes fashion and style trends from the runways and the pages of magazines and makes them accesible to everyone through step-by-step do it yourself projects.
- http://www.psimadethis.com- This website and brand is founded by Erica Domesek. Her motto is “I see it. I like it. I make it.” she gives detailed tutorials on how to make simple fashion and lifestyle accessories.
- http://www.dismountcreative.com- Dismount Creative blog was created by Alicia DiRago.This amazing blog is updated twice a day with everything that inspires Alicia in fashion, craft, design, decor and lifestyle.
- www. ispydiy.com- This is a place for spotting style you love and doing-it-yourself! The creator Jamie Beck gives easy instructions on how to make simple but chic jewelries, accessories and household decorations.
Now, I know some of you are like “I am not really creative” or “I don’t have time or the patience to make things myself.” but I urge you to give a try before dismissing this idea. If you feel DIYs isn’t your craft then you can continue using coupons or other things that works best for you. I hope you guys take a minute or two to check out those lovely websites.
Hello people of the world (people who have internet access),
I hope you guys had a more fun and productive day than I did. Lately, I’ve found myself spending more time on my phone than I ought to.Thanks to an somewhat addicting photo app called INSTAGRAM! If you’re a person that does not own a smart phone or someone who couldn’t careless about social media, then don’t really pay attention to this post EXCEPT if you have teenagers. Also, if you are not sure what Instagram is, I will explain it to you in the easiest way possible. Well according to urbandictionary.com Instagram is “A popular photo-sharing app flawlessly tailored to the explicit purpose of taking over two decades of technological progress in the realm of mobile digital photography and rendering them utterly worthless via application of appalling “filters” designed to transform the original clarity of images recorded by advanced digital sensors into the mottled likeness of expired film from the 1950’s developed in coffee grounds.” So in other words, Instagram is app where you can give your boring looking pictures a retro look and share them with your friends, family and strangers. Now, some of you are like “Why should I get this app?”
- Get Instagram if you are an artist or photographer. Instagram is great platform to share your talent and artistry with millions of people around the world. By posting my photography on Instagram, I have receive amazing feedback from people around the world who appreciate my talent.
- Instagram is also a good way to promote and publicize your business and company. By posting pictures daily, people can keep up with your company’s growth and any news or promotions your company has to offer.
- Download Instagram, if you want a photo diary or daily photo log that you can share with friends and family. If you are afraid of creepy people seeing your pictures, you can turn your account setting to private so that only people you allow can see your pictures.
For those of you who are curious, I do have an Instagram. Two, to be precise. One is my personal acccount and the other is for my photography.
Thanks for reading.
I hope you guys are having a great week so far. Stay strong its almost FRIDAY!! So like most people in America I have a smart phone and I do almost everything on it. But what I do most is edit!edit! edit! So if you’re into photography or iphoneography like me you will love this app.
The cool application I discovered this week is “Touch Retouch.” For those of you who are like “this isn’t new” or “I already have this app,” please just bare with me. This app has a unique feature that I love but most apps don’t have. With “Touch retouch” you can remove unwanted blemish or objects from your photography. No photoshop needed for us beginners. Yayy!! It’s awesome for erasing that pimple that just appeared out of nowhere or removing people from your random family portrait. Its a bit tricky to use at first but with a bit of practice and the use of the tutorials it offers, you will fall in love with this app. you can either buy this app from the app store for $0.99 or use the free one.
So if you already have this app congrats to you. Follow my blog for more app reviews to come. I will be featuring fashion, health, photography,sports and more apps in the future. So if photography is not your thing, maybe next week I’ll feature a travel app that may be just right for you. So stay Tuned!!
Hey guys! So I have always wanted to have my own personal blog but i didn’t know how to start one or find a good name for it. But after much research and sleepless nights, I told myself what the hey! go with the flow and stop over thinking things. so here I am writing my first post.
Here are two things to keep in mind before starting your own blog: 1)Ask yourself “why do I want a blog” and “what will readers benefit form my blog.” Answer yourself honestly. 2) come up with a unique but simple domina name. Don’t assume that an idea will just come to you once you get on the internet. even if it does, chances are it may be taken already. Check out the link below for more tips on blogging!